Psychological Access Plus
About the program
The Psychological Access+ service provided by PCCS is primarily for people who have difficulty accessing appropriate mental health (including psychology) support due to financial or other circumstances.
A range of services are available for people with mental illness, drug and alcohol issues or who are at risk of suicide or self-harm.
An experienced clinician will match you to the most appropriate service to meet your needs.
If you are in CRISIS and need urgent care, please call 000 or another crisis support service such as Lifeline on 13 11 14.
Who is eligible?
People eligible for Psychological Access+ services include:
- People having suicidal thoughts
- Children and young people
- Women who are pregnant or have a child under 12 months of age
- People from a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) background
- People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- People experiencing financial hardship
- People who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Psychological Access+ provides access to a range of services, including:
- Telephone counselling and guided self-help for people at risk of mental illness
- Individual counselling provided by a mental health professional for people with mild to moderate mental illness
- Suicide prevention.
How will your information be used?
Your GP will discuss your needs with you and, with your consent, provide your information to the Central Intake Hub.
The Central Intake Hub will share this information with Primary & Community Care Services (PCCS) who will organise your mental health support services.
A mental health professional from PCCS will contact you to arrange service provision and may seek your feedback about the service.
De-identified information may be used by the Sydney North Primary Health Network (SNPHN) and Primary & Community Care Services (PCCS) for reporting and evaluation purposes only.
Otherwise, your personal information will be stored in a secure database and kept confidential. It will not be released without your permission except where legally required, or if a person’s safety is at risk including yourself or others.
Talk to us
We encourage you to contact us with any questions or to share a compliment or complaint on our service.
Phone: 9477 8700 (business hours, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
Post: PO Box 173, Thornleigh NSW 2120