Social Worker (Service Coordinator)
Are your professional strengths:
- Problem solving?
- Relationship building?
- Really making a difference in people's lives?
We are looking for a social worker to work with people living with chronic illness, including mental illness and complex needs, and their existing supports, to identify current needs and connect effectively with all the services that they need to enhance recovery outcomes.
About the organisation
Primary Care and Community Services (PCCS) programs coordinate multiple services across different sectors to ensure collaborative and integrated support to benefit the people who require them.
PCCS provides care coordination services to the community to ensure their health needs are met and to improve their wellbeing.
About the position
The primary role of the position is to support clients living with chronic illness, including mental illness and complex needs, to develop action plans based on their individual needs and using a recovery oriented approach, to actively engage additional services and support to enhance recovery outcomes.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Providing direct consumer service coordination and advocacy
- Support the delivery of effective health and wellbeing outcomes to consumers
- Providing direct Consumer service coordination, advocacy and skills development;
- Strengthening partnerships across the community and clinical sectors;
- Facilitating better service coordination and collaboration within and across sectors;
- Identifying service gaps and developing plans to address the gaps;
- Promoting a recovery focused model across the community; and
- Undertaking administration, reporting, record keeping and evaluation activities.
- Comply with relevant legislation as well as organisational policies, procedures
We are looking for an experience social worker to join our care coordination team. Knowledge and experience working with consumers, including people living with mental illness or other persistent complex illness, is essential.
We are looking for someone who has experience within Clinical or Social Welfare service and support systems, including experience in direct client service and service coordination as well as experience working with GPS and other health professionals. Assessment and supportive counselling skills are helpful in assisting consumers to realise their personal goals and meet their needs.
It would be advantageous to have knowledge and experience working in a culturally diverse environment and to have command of a second language.
Service coordinators at PCCS require the following:
- Willingness to undertake a Police Criminal History Check and Working With Children Check
- Ownership of a reliable and comprehensively ensured vehicle available for work use
- Eligibility for registration with AASW
- Current and valid driver’s license
- Salary will be determined on skills and experience, full salary packaging available
- Applications must include a one page cover letter addressing the selection criteria, a current resume and details of two referees
- Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact Annette on (02) 94778700 if you have any questions
- Applications might be reviewed as and when they are received, so if this is the role for you please apply now!
- Only successful applicants will be contacted. Thank you for taking the time to send your application.