COVID Home Isolation Support (CHISS) is a program enabling people who have been diagnosed as COVID-19 positive (or otherwise required to isolate at home) to access local support services and community resources.
Our team can assist with things like:
- Support to Access Services such as help with applications for Centrelink emergency payments and other social and welfare services.
- Daily living & lifestyle needs like grocery shopping and prescription assistance, and online or phone based activities that promote health and wellbeing.
- Connecting with your GP or specialists to meet or escalate your healthcare requirements, and assist coordination of appointments.
CHISS is provided at no cost to residents of the Northern Sydney region who have tested positive for COVID-19 or are otherwise required to isolate at home, and:
- are experiencing social isolation or lack of connection, or
- are experiencing low risk mental ill health or more than one health condition or disease.
*CHISS is not intended for people who are at greater risk of deteriorating wellbeing that would require hospitalisation.
Contact our friendly team for more information or to access the service via an initial telehealth consultation. You can also ask your GP or health provider about this service and for a referral.